Concrete Cakes is more than just a blog. At its core, Concrete Cakes is a medium for creative and economic development, from which social change can occur. And this isn’t just a lofty statement thrown out to sound cool. It’s the truth.
I created Concrete Cakes because I was tired of seeing people live life without ever really living. Our communities are broken from generations of economic exploitation, cultural deficiencies and educational deprivation, which result in so much wasted potential. While there’s no one-size-fits-all solution to these problems, I believe that creative-and-economic influence is a powerful and practical tool for change. And at the root of any social movement is the media.
Concrete Cakes will continue to serve as the voice of economic and creative development and will grow into a physical hub of resources and opportunity. Once these seeds are firmly planted, there’s no limit to the possibilities. But we need YOU to help us make it happen.
What We Need:
- People who are serious about personal development and can exhibit all the “soft skills” necessary to be considered a professional
- People who have an interest in business and/or art
- People who can write creatively and technically
- People who seek out constructive criticism as a means for growth
- People who are resourceful
- People who care about and like being around other people
- People who learn quickly and require little hand-holding
What We Can Offer:
- College credit
- A reason to schedule a meeting with anyone you believe can help you advance your personal agenda (CEOs, Creatives, Influencers, etc)
- An opportunity to develop a solid content portfolio based on your own interests
- Self promotion
- A strong support system of like-minded individuals
- Financial opportunities from working on Concrete Cakes events
- Reciprocity *
Reciprocity: ConcreteCakes.com is not monetized therefore we cannot pay our contributors. What we can do is invest our time and resources. It’s up to you to decide what you want to get from working with us and for us to work together to make it happen. We can’t grow without your help and we can’t fulfill our vision without helping you.
JOIN THE TEAM
If you’re interested in working with Concrete Cakes, please send your resume to ConcreteCakes@gmail.com and write, “I want to join the team” as the subject. Once we review your resume, you’ll receive a preliminary phone call, followed by a more in-depth face-to-face meeting. The final determination on whether or not you’ll join the team will be based on the satisfactory completion of a writing assignment.
We look forward to the opportunity to work with you!
- Chill Moody (Interview) http://www.concretecakes.com/phreedum-of-speech-chill-moody/
- Denitia Odigie (Interview) http://www.concretecakes.com/denitia-odigie/
- “Gentrification: It Doesn’t Have to Mean What It Means” http://www.concretecakes.com/gentrification/
- “Love and Photographs with Katie Yuen” http://www.concretecakes.com/katie-yuen-photography/
- “Business v Relationships” http://www.concretecakes.com/katie-yuen-photography/
- Nakia Stith, CEO of Top of The Clock Security (Interview) http://www.concretecakes.com/nakia-stith-top-of-the-clock/
- “The Benefits of Good Accounting” http://www.concretecakes.com/accounting-benefits/
- The Coalition at Sigma Sound (Event Recap) http://www.concretecakes.com/the-coalition-sigma-sound/
If you like what you see, LIKE us on Facebook.
If you want to see more, FOLLOW us on Twitter.
(Posted by Garron Gibbs)